Who should attend & why?
Esports is the fastest growing global live-entertainment sector, with revenues expected to hit $1.557 billion by 2023, a projected increase of 101% from 2018.* Globally, the total esports audience is also forecast to grow by 64%, reaching 646 million by 2023.*
The inexorable rise of esports is seeing new venues being built to accommodate the rising stars, existing stadia and arenas are being transformed to host the ever-growing number of tournaments, and new multi-purpose city centre ‘hubs’ as well as hospitality spaces incorporating esports are being developed as key community drivers.
Next Stop Esports is designed to complement our Esports Venue Summit event, which launched to huge industry acclaim last October, attracting over 1,200 virtual attendees from over 70 countries.
Following the show, we were inundated with enquiries from a huge variety of venue officials, keen to learn more specific information about how they can take the next steps in starting to create an esports strategy for their own facility.
As a direct result of these enquiries, Next Stop Esports is designed to:
1) Help educate venues of all kinds:
- Understand what kind of esports events they should look to host – How they can incorporate esports into their permanent space and/or event calendars
- What changes they need to make in terms of infrastructure and operations to be ‘Esports Ready’
- Put a strategy in place to establish local legitimacy – through creating permanent esports spaces to then grow their esports content and local footprint to build their credibility with esports tournament organisers
2) Promote themselves as being ‘Esports Ready’ and to showcase their facilities to esports events right holders, tournament and league organisers looking to find suitable new venues to host future esports events.
Attendees will have a unique opportunity to learn, network and engage with highly experienced esports industry professionals, including consultants who have a proven track record of helping venues successfully add esports events as a new sustainable revenue stream. Esports events right holders, tournament and league organisers will also share their advice regarding the key factors that they use when evaluating the suitability of a new potential venue.
YOU'LL BE IN GREAT COMPANY
Next Stop Esports is designed to attract delegates, speakers & sponsors from across the following groups:
- Esports team owners & senior executives
- Esports tournament/league organisers
- Esports property owners, operators & games developers
- Senior executives from stadiums and arenas & multi-purpose entertainment venues,
- Senior executives from theatres, performing arts venues, convention centres, major hotel chains, theme parks, cinemas, shopping malls and mixed use development projects
- Municipal/local authority sports department and sports commission officials
- Convention & visitor bureau officials & destination marketing organisations
- Venue operating and property management companies
- Events rights holders & cities/venues bidding to host future esports events
- Architects and commercial suppliers who can help make venues ‘esports ready’
PLEASE NOTE: ESPORTS VENUE SUMMIT LIVE AT TWICKENHAM STADIUM, LONDON, UK, WILL NOW TAKE PLACE 3-4 NOVEMBER 2021
All images below taken at various Stadia & Arena events